Top 3 Best Tasting Vegan Protein Powder Shakes and Recipes
So, you’ve gotten you fantastic vegan protein powder? Great… now what? Of course, you can just go with the classic and mix it with some water but, why? To get you started with some more creative uses, here are three of the best tasting vegan protein powder recipes we’ve seen.
Granola Protein Bars
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats or rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or prepared powdered peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1 scoop brown rice protein powder
- handful mini-chocolate chips (vegan if you prefer)
Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Line a baking dish with parchment or wax paper and pour the mixture on top. Spread the mixture evenly and place the dish in the freezer. Allow the bars to freeze until hard, then cut into squares.
Sweet and Savory Ginger Smoothie
- Ice (as needed)
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 scoop pea protein powdered
Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until thoroughly combined. Use ice to achieve your desired consistency.
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter (or prepared powdered peanut butter)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 4 scoops brown rice protein powder
- 4 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup dried fruit of choice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl stir together applesauce, honey, peanut butter, water, vanilla, egg, protein powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour until combined. Add the rest of the ingredients. Using a spoon, drop the dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 11-12 minutes or until golden brown.